Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sprucing Up the Blog

I just finished some much-needed sprucing up of my blog. Did you notice?

Here's my favorite change: New social media buttons! What do you think?

EtsyFacebookPinterest
FlickrE-MailRSS

I ordered the buttons from MoxieTonic on Etsy for $2. Yes, $2.00. She's just starting her shop so she's offering sets of 4 buttons for $1 each until she gets to 100 sales. Get over there soon if you want your own!

Back to my blog sprucing. I've rearranged a few things on my blog and hopefully it's easier to find things now. I widened the layout and merged the two sidebars into one.

I also wrote an "About Me" page for you to learn more about my blog and myself. I linked to some of my (and your!) favorite blog posts.

And finally, one other big update I've recently finished:

I'm always finding new amazing blogs that will feature crafty bloggers for free (!) advertising. I wrote this post back in April but I just updated it yesterday with a bunch of new blogs I've found. If you're a blogger, you'll want to read this post on how to get yourself featured on high-profile blogs. If you're a blog reader, check out the list and maybe you'll find some new blogs to bookmark!

In case you're wondering, I have yet to spend a dime on advertising... the blogs on this list have gotten me most of my new, amazing readers and followers--that's you! Did you find me from one of my features?

I hope you like the changes. I'd love to hear your feedback on the design (too wide for your screen? Too narrow?), the buttons (why am I not on Twitter yet?), and the About Me page (anything else that you'd like to know about me?)

10 comments:

  1. Excellent tips, and I love your new buttons. I may have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new buttons-- classy! From etsy bloggers team
    Tnbeader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it looked like before, but it sure looks good now! The design is fabulous! I like your buttons and Moxie Tonic's shop : )
    Thanks, too, for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic!!! I loved those buttons so much, I just ordered them myself! :) Thanks for the awesome link! I absolutely love your blog and wish you much continued success! I also love your new "About me" page.... my husband refuses to be on facebook as well, ha ha! ~Bri~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about those blogs! I'll definitely have to check it out. Great deal on those social media buttons. They're really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some nice looking buttons. I will have to check out your tips - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your page today. Looks like there's tons of stuff I'm gonna enjoy. I'll definitely be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your buttons are super cool and inviting :)
    I like when i see changes on people's blogs because in this way I see proof that people develop! Off to read your "About me" page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Electric foot bath massager, safe and efficient, continuous heating, long-term heat preservation, bottom massage stone design, easy to achieve home massage. Quickly help mom get rid of the tiredness of the day.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*