Saturday, August 20, 2011

Washington, D.C. - Part 3

I can't get enough of Washington, D.C. I had never been there prior to just a few years ago, but it's one of those cities where you can discover more each time you go, so you want to go back time and time again. Here are a few more of our 1970s-style photos from the capital.

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets


I love this last photo, which is a quote by Thomas Jefferson on the walls of the Jefferson Memorial. We watched a movie based on the book by Newt Gingrich, Rediscovering God in America, and I would highly recommend it for its "walking tour" of Washington, D.C. that focuses on the undeniable centrality of God in our nation's history.

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets


If you missed it, Part 1 has more 1970s-style photos of Washington, D.C. and Part 2 is a collage of items from the National Museum of American History.

7 comments:

  1. What a great place to visit. Someday I'd like to visit there myself. You got some beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures! I would love to visit there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I am in awe of the architecture and the sense of history when visiting. And you're right about not seeing it all in one visit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your D.C. series and photos. I was in D.C. a week ago, visiting my son who lives and works there. Loved the Smithsonian museums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! Did you use a particular type of action to get that 1970s effect? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It is really an amazing place and so photogenic. =)

    Remaking Memories, I used the Pioneer Woman's Seventies action. P.S. I tried to email you back to this comment but you have your blogger set up to not show your email address so hopefully you'll come back here to check for a response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures look gorgeous! Thank you so much for directing me over with your sweet comment on my blog! :)
    I hope you're having a great start into the weekend!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*