Saturday, August 20, 2011

Washington, D.C. - Part 3

I can't get enough of Washington, D.C. I had never been there prior to just a few years ago, but it's one of those cities where you can discover more each time you go, so you want to go back time and time again. Here are a few more of our 1970s-style photos from the capital.

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets


I love this last photo, which is a quote by Thomas Jefferson on the walls of the Jefferson Memorial. We watched a movie based on the book by Newt Gingrich, Rediscovering God in America, and I would highly recommend it for its "walking tour" of Washington, D.C. that focuses on the undeniable centrality of God in our nation's history.

Washington, D.C. by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets


If you missed it, Part 1 has more 1970s-style photos of Washington, D.C. and Part 2 is a collage of items from the National Museum of American History.

8 comments:

  1. What a great place to visit. Someday I'd like to visit there myself. You got some beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures! I would love to visit there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I am in awe of the architecture and the sense of history when visiting. And you're right about not seeing it all in one visit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your D.C. series and photos. I was in D.C. a week ago, visiting my son who lives and works there. Loved the Smithsonian museums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! Did you use a particular type of action to get that 1970s effect? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It is really an amazing place and so photogenic. =)

    Remaking Memories, I used the Pioneer Woman's Seventies action. P.S. I tried to email you back to this comment but you have your blogger set up to not show your email address so hopefully you'll come back here to check for a response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures look gorgeous! Thank you so much for directing me over with your sweet comment on my blog! :)
    I hope you're having a great start into the weekend!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apply cold compresses to the painful area within 48 hours to relieve pain and swelling. Apply it every 2-3 hours for 15-20 minutes each time, and place a towel between the ice pack and the skin to avoid frostbite. After 48 hours, hot compress can be used to accelerate blood flow and take away the remaining lactic acid and other metabolites around the healed tissue, and bring fresh blood rich in nutrients and oxygen to the target muscle, providing more nutrients for over-recovery .

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*