Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthday at the Beach - Wrightsville Beach Part 2

The other day I shared a few of our photos from our weekend in Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. Here are my favorites from the rest of our trip.

The morning of my birthday was spent at the beach. The water was warmer than it was a month ago and this time, Little Sweets declared (over and over again), "I do like the ocean!" I'm pretty sure that boogie boarding is the best way to spend a birthday morning. The last time we boogie boarded, I was 2 months pregnant with Little Sweets... oh how I've missed it! That's me out there waiting for a wave.

Wrightsville Beach by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

I just love the "East Coast-ness" of this next picture. I love the long boardwalks out to the sand and the tall grass on either side, and that you'll only find that on the East Coast.

Wrightsville Beach by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Here's the view from the water towards the houses (with a little help from a few Photoshop Actions):

Wrightsville Beach by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

After afternoon naps and my walk around downtown Wilmington, we went out for my very special birthday dinner at The Melting Pot. We haven't been to a Melting Pot since 2003. It was time.

Wrightsville Beach by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

We got the best booth in the corner with this view of the wine racks. Or maybe it was the most secluded booth since we requested a booster seat when we made the reservation. Either way, it was awesome. And Little Sweets was on her best behavior.

We were so stuffed by the time the dessert course arrived, but of course we made room for it (we are Americans, after all).

Best birthday in a long time...probably because it was the first birthday I've spent with my husband in 3 years. It was so good celebrate with my two favorite people.

5 comments:

  1. It sure looks like you had a blast! I have never been to a "Melting Pot" but it sounds/looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Lil Sweets is ALWAYS on her best behavior!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are anxious, it is actually not easy to fall asleep. You will think about a lot of things, you will blame yourself, you will worry, and you will not be able to fall asleep when you recall many things, but in fact, good sleep is very important to the body and spirit. If you can't sleep, you can take a foot bath with a best foot massager like me, and relax. I often dozed off and fell asleep in the heavy foot bath.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*