Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Save your dresses

Little Sweets wore a dress yesterday that she also wore 2 years ago: it's a Carter's dress (size: 3 months)! If you're the mama of a little girl, save all those baby dresses that you love so much so that she can wear them as shirts when she's older. (Some dresses won't work, though. If it's tight in the armpits or around the chest, don't hold on to it.)

Here are a few adorable infant dresses I found on Etsy that would absolutely work for a toddler shirt:

Modern Peasant Dress by ButterflyBabyPlace
Modern Peasant Dress by ButterflyBabyPlace


Holly Knot Dress by elizabelle
Holly Knot Dress by elizabelle


The Abigail Mod Dress by jenoahp
The Abigail Mod Dress by jenoahp


Baby Wears Concentric Circles by KidsInTheNest
Baby Wears Concentric Circles by KidsInTheNest


Precious Poppys Halter Dress by JMBthreedesigns
Precious Poppys Halter Dress by JMBthreedesigns


Can't you just see these dresses being worn as shirts with cute leggings or shorts underneath?

So put some money back in your pocket: hold on to those adorable teeny tiny dresses and turn them into adorable big-girl shirts, no sewing required!

10 comments:

  1. Dresses just seem so much more adorable now than when my daughter was the age to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say the same thing, FabricFascination! I don't have any kids, but when I look at my baby clothes from the 80s... they're pretty ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie! I'll have to tell my sister about this; she has a little girl & she grows so fast - this is a super idea to get more bang for your buck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few too many adorable dresses...it makes it hard to restrain yourself when you have a little cutie to show them off! But this is definitely a great way to save some money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never even thought to do that! I have so many cute dresses put away that my daughter never even got to wear! I'm digging them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! I always just throw a pair of leggings on, and voila- a short dress becomes a cute shirt (I do this for me AND my baby). I love your frugality and practicality trish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do it too, but it's getting harder now because my daughter thinks they should still be dresses and refuses to wear shorts or tights with them...lol. Those dresses are SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea..... Love the last dress from your etsy collection !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get a fast, free quote from washtenaw best reviewed Pressure Washing company. Our 110% Happiness Guarantee ensures you'll love the service or you don't pay.
    Pressure Washing services in Washtenaw
    Pressure Washing

    Get a fast, free quote from wayne best reviewed Pressure Washing company. Our 110% Happiness Guarantee ensures you'll love the service or you don't pay.
    Pressure Washing services in Wayne
    Pressure Washing

    Get a fast, free quote from macomb best reviewed Pressure Washing company. Our 110% Happiness Guarantee ensures you'll love the service or you don't pay.
    Pressure Washing services in Macomb
    Pressure Washing

    Get a fast, free quote from ann-arbor best reviewed Pressure Washing company. Our 110% Happiness Guarantee ensures you'll love the service or you don't pay.
    Pressure Washing services in Ann Arbor
    Pressure Washing

    Get a fast, free quote from canton best reviewed Pressure Washing company. Our 110% Happiness Guarantee ensures you'll love the service or you don't pay.
    Pressure Washing services in Canton
    Pressure Washing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you struggling with what time of day to exercise? Although there will be slight differences in sports at different time periods. But maybe you really don't need to be overly entangled. The best time to exercise is now, come and get started with NIKSA set activewear.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*