Sunday, May 8, 2011

How much is a Mom worth?

As a Mom (or a woman for that matter), you know how much you do to take care of your home, family and life. But can you quantify it? I read about this tool from Salary.com to calculate exactly how much you should be getting paid as a Mom based on number and age of children, what you do at your "job", and cost of living.

Today, I got my first paycheck as a stay-at-home-mom! Here it is:

my first paycheck by SweeterThanSweets

Since Little Sweets is 2 1/4 years old now, that means my salary as a stay-at-home-mom thus far has been $254,745. My mom's earnings total $2,417,003 from her 22 years of raising three children as both a working mom and a stay-at-home-mom.

Playing pretend is fun and in this case, gratifying, to put a number on all that hard work we moms do each day (hour). But it goes without saying that I would trade $113,220 annually to be with my baby girl who is turning into a little lady before my very eyes. Otherwise, why would I keep doing what I do?

Give your Mom (or yourself!) a paycheck today. Or like most of us do already, trade the paycheck in for hugs, kisses and love... and make all the work worthwhile.

Thank you, Mom, for the 2.4 million dollars' worth of time, love, attention, discipline, wisdom and strength you've given me.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies!

9 comments:

  1. I could never put a price tag on the love my mother gave me...truly priceless :)
    You are right that the paycheck is not worth the opportunity to stay home and raise your daughter :)
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia,

    You have a beautiful ETSY shop...I just stopped by and I love all the vibrant colors and textures. Happy Mother's day to you.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cha-ching! If only that were true - I'd be rolling in it LOL. Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to show my husband and tell him to start paying me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all you mamas appreciate our "salaries" too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an AWESOME posts! Going to share it with my mom!

    Great to meet you through the Etsy Blog Team! :)
    I am a new follower/subscriber to your blog.

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. In recent years, there have been more and more Chinese medicine museums abroad. Today, Chinese medicine is officially opened as a discipline at the Eastern Medical School of the First University of Lyon in France. It can be said that Chinese medicine is slowly showing its own charm. In the field of Chinese medicine, foot bath has many benefits. There are many acupuncture points on the feet, massage and foot bath can promote the blood circulation of the feet. NIKSA foot bath massager designs the massage stones at the bottom of the foot bath according to human acupoints, combined with the acupuncture points of Chinese medicine to bring you a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*