Saturday, May 21, 2011

making Great Strides for CF

This past weekend, our family took part in our local Great Strides walk. It was a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) which is now very near and dear to our hearts. Last Fall, we registered for the walk in honor of a friend... Then, a few days before the walk, our newborn nephew was diagnosed with CF. Here is the cutie pie, now 7 months old:

my nephew by SweeterThanSweets

Thanks to our amazing family and friends, we were able to raise over $800 this year!! We feel so blessed to be able to do something so small (walking a 5K) that can hopefully bring blessings to others.

When the CFF representative at the walk told us that our chapter's walk this weekend raised over $10,000, I couldn't stop my tears. It gave me hope that in my nephew's lifetime, we can find a cure for CF. So thank you everyone who gave!!

Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease that brings with it a host of lung and digestive issues. Research and awareness of CF has led to HUGE gains in terms of life expectancy: In the 1960s, life expectancy for someone with CF was only 4 years. In 2000, it was 32 years. Now, it's up to 37.4 years and increasing.

If you want to be part of the cure, find a Great Strides walk in your area at Nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is invested in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.


  1. Your nephew is gorgeous! CF is a scary thing, but with the great research that's happening these days, hopefully they will continue to make breakthroughs!

  2. Thanks Piper Bella and OfTheFountain. I think he's adorable too but I know I'm biased. =)


I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*