Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Greatest Two Minutes in Sports

I have to admit that I've never paid much attention to the Kentucky Derby, said to be "the greatest two minutes in sports."

British Equestrian Leather Horse Sculpture by Fivehands
British Equestrian Leather Horse Sculpture by Fivehands

But after the Royal Wedding, I'm so intrigued by those amazing, beautiful and odd hats that will surely be on display at the Derby today.

Sinamay Feather Kentucky Derby Hat by lilacpop
Sinamay Feather Kentucky Derby Hat by lilacpop

If you are planning your outfit for a Derby party, you must check out the official Kentucky Derby's guide to Women's Attire. You'll find some very suitable hat options for sale at Taissa Lada Designs, ArturoRios and lilacpop. You might also want to stop by Stiletto Sports Magazine's Girl's Guide to the Kentucky Derby.

The other thing that intrigues me about the Kentucky Derby is a Mint Julep. I've never tried one but I just might have to today. I created a treasury inspired by the drink that is the legend. Over 120,000 of them will be served today! Here are a few of my favorite mint julep-inspired finds on Etsy:

Mint Julep by SweeterThanSweets


Are you craving a Mint Julep yet? Get the official Mint Julep recipe. Then come back here and let me know if they actually taste good. =)

10 comments:

  1. Lovely "minty" Etsy finds, Tricia! Love that typewriter! I've never had a mint-julep before either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely collection! thank you so much for featuring my opera glasses and for mint julep recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great blog! Thank you for featuring our Sinamay hat!
    Janna
    http://lilacpop.etsy.com
    http://lilacpopphotography.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I like anything that gets people to wear hats, but I have to admit I've never paid much attention to the Kentucky Derby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and really cute selections! I love mint juleps:) Thank you so much for featuring my dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bowl and the typewriter--- good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the Kentucky Derby (and it was an exciting 2 minutes, I must say!) but no mint julep. Maybe next year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mind Blowing! I have found awesome outfits from this source. It's uniquely looking one of the massive conception source about fashion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*