Thursday, December 15, 2011

my Christmas present to myself (and my family and God)

I'm giving myself a blogging vacation for Christmas! I need to re-focus on what Christmas is all about and enjoy time with my family away from the computer.

I feel like God has really been working on my perspective lately in my alone time, in my conversations with my Sweets, and through a book called Crazy Love that our Sunday school class is reading right now. I want to share a little bit about that with you and how it affects this blog.


I used to try to make time to read the Bible and/or pray in the mornings, and now I find myself waking up and getting on the computer right away. I want to see what's happening in Blogland, check my Google Analytics stats and RSS subscription numbers, browse Pinterest, read through emails, etc. My priorities have obviously shifted and I don't think it's for the better.

When I stop to think about all the ways I could be spending my time, I want my choices to please God. I know that it is entirely possibly to blog for the glory of God, and I hope that some of the things I've done on this blog (like this or this) have made God happy.

I also want my choices to honor my family. We have made sacrifices for me to be a stay-at-home-mom. I want to prove that decision right and I humbly confess to you that I may do all the SAHM things (cook, craft, love), but I'm not good at just being with Little Sweets. As she gets older, I want her to remember that her mommy spent quality time with her and didn't "just a minute" her all the time.

I am also refocusing some of my time to be more intentional about teaching Little Sweets. I'm pre-preschool-homeschooling. Is that a thing? =) I've collected tons of ideas on my Preschool at Home board and I'm starting slowly. It's so exciting to see the tangible rewards of what I invest in her.

So I'm taking a step back from blogging.

I'm not going to delete or disown my blog... I'll probably be back to post things here and there. I'm definitely keeping up with my Etsy business for the reasons I mentioned here. But you won't be hearing from me as often on my blog.

If you want to find projects that have been popular on my blog thus far, please check out My Gallery!

Thank you to all my awesome readers and followers who have encouraged me, taught me and given me more confidence in my life!


Are you giving yourself anything for Christmas?

6 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I think that you are in the right place. I have been in the same place that you are at now - and it wasn't easy making those choices, but definitely pays off in the end! At some point, we have to realize our priorities in life and stick by 'em.

    I just found your blog here and am loving zipping around to different posts. Blessin's to you and your fam~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I'm just stopping in because I was swinging through my own shop stats and found that I've quite a few visitors that find me through THIS blog! So I had to check it out! And here you are just like most of us... working on balancing all that is important in life and through our day. I understand blogging can take a good portion of your time each week but I will be following you anyway to see what's new in your journey. Thank you for the mention of my shop... not sure when it was or how or why but thanks so much! Jodi at TinkerellaCreations.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog. But I agree that blogging is time consuming. And, I also agree, blogging makes me "just a minute" my wee one a little more..and I hate that! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a hard balance! I was waking up earlier to have some quiet time, but (perhaps it's spiritual warfare) the little one got up earlier to use the bathroom!
    Best to you all though.
    And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes this a very nice time so please enjoy this with your family

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*