Monday, December 5, 2011

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins (from scratch) - Recipe

Pin It  
Who needs a family's-in-town breakfast recipe? Blueberry Muffins from scratch are the perfect treat during the holidays... filling, crowd-pleasing and (mostly) healthy. Time to use up your stash of late-summer blueberries in the freezer!

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins (from scratch) by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

When my mom and her sisters were young, they would go to a department store in Boston, Massachusetts called Jordan Marsh where they sold Blueberry Muffins. Somehow, someone got the recipe and the rest is history.

If you've never had blueberry muffins made from scratch, just you wait. These are so yummy and you definitely won't miss that sugary crumb topping that I usually love so much on (store-bought) blueberry muffins.

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients
Blueberries by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 cups blueberries
nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.

In a small bowl, stir flour and baking powder together. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.

Beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.

Fold in blueberries (if frozen, toss with 2-3 tsp. flour from the measured amount to keep them from sinking and leaking) and nuts.

Pour or scoop dough into muffin pan (dough will be thick). Bake for 30 minutes until gorgeous and golden.

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins (from scratch) by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Craving more yummy creations? Check out my other recipes here!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sounds tasty! so tasty that it made take something to snack :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sure look yummy! I was going through my freezer and came across a bag of blueberries I had previously frozen. I may have to whip up a batch of these today...
    ~JamieS

    ReplyDelete
  3. They seem delicious... My mum loves blueberries. I think I'll try to cook them one of these days for her.

    Best regards from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ingredients are from the original recipe, but there is an important step missing to make them the authentic Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins as sold at the store. I'm over 60 years old and grew up in Boston enjoying these wonderful muffins. I have posted the recipe with the technique of crushing some of the blueberries to give the muffins their famous purplish hue. Enjoy.... http://www.fransfavs.com/2011/07/1059/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*