Monday, April 4, 2011

Superhero Capes

My friend Amy (over at Click Clack Mom) has a little boy, Jackson, who just turned 2. For his birthday gift, I decided to re-make a superhero cape that I made for three of my nephews this past Christmas. Here's how you can make one too!

Total cost: $13 for two capes 
(not including thread, but seriously, can you beat that?)

To make these capes, I followed the directions on Puking Pastilles' tutorial but I decided to use machine-washable, wrinkle-resistant satin so it would hang nicely (found it at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 per yard). I did the Batman and Superman logos free-hand, and the letters had to be the boys' own initials instead of the generic Superman "S."

Batman cape by SweeterThanSweets Batman cape close-up by SweeterThanSweets
Superman cape by SweeterThanSweets Superman cape close-up by SweeterThanSweets


Why should girls have all the dress-up fun?

8 comments:

  1. SO cute - my boys are older and still runn around the house in capes - don't tell anyone I said that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative, I bet the boys will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute. I have the feeling those capes are the kind of things kids won't ever want to take off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm told the boys all love their capes... I know my nephews (and their sisters) couldn't resist wearing them at least for the rest of the party. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! my kids love them too...lovely greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Standing or sitting for a long time is not conducive to blood circulation in the calf, and it can even cause edema in the legs. Soaking your feet can alleviate this effect to a certain extent. The NIKSA foot bath has multiple functions, allowing you to enjoy a massage while soaking your feet.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*