Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Places Every Kid Should See

Grand Canyon by Liz Noffsinger
The Grand Canyon
Image: Liz Noffsinger

I've been working on a 4-part series for my blog on Tips for Traveling with Toddlers and Babies and I came across this article and this article on places in America that every kid should see. Here's a list of some of the places they recommended:

  • Grand Canyon, AZ
  • Redwood National Park, CA
  • Monticello, VA
  • The Freedom Trail, MA
  • Niagara Falls, NY
  • The National Mall, D.C.
  • Colonial Williamsburg, VA
  • Walt Disney World, FL
  • Ellis Island, NY
  • Yellowstone National Park, WY/ID/MT
  • San Diego Zoo, CA
  • Fenway Park, MA
  • Craters of the Moon National Monument & Preserve, ID
  • Alcatraz Island, CA
  • Independence Hall, PA

    Alcatraz Island by Paul Martin Eldridge
    Alcatraz Island
    Image: Paul Martin Eldridge

    I caught the travel bug when I was 20, so just reading this list makes me want to pack a suitcase or two! But I couldn't believe they forgot to include a few of my favorite family-friendly travel spots. Here are my suggestions to add to the list:

    • Yosemite National Park, CA
    • Route 66, CA/AZ/NM/TX/OK/KS/MO/IL
    • Hoover Dam, AZ/NV
    • Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, HI
    • Space Needle, WA
    • Plymouth Rock, MA

        2002 hawaii fast lava flow
        Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
        Image: schizoform

        What do you think? Any other places that need to be on the list of must-see locales for family travel?


        Do you have travel-related questions that you want me to answer in my Tips for Traveling with Toddlers and Babies series
        Comment on this post or send me an email.

        10 comments:

        1. such an awesome idea! i have traveled pretty extensively and can't wait to share the travel bug with my son!
          http://inmetaljewelry.blogspot.com/

          ReplyDelete
        2. The Badlands, SD
          New York city
          Carlsbad Caverns
          Graceland
          the Rockies, CO
          that's what we hit this past summer anyway and it was a blast!

          ReplyDelete
        3. Good ones, Alessandra! I was thinking about Graceland too. We went when I was 7 years old and I really liked seeing it. Sounds like you had a great summer!

          ReplyDelete
        4. I would have to add Prince Edward Island, although that's in Canada - it's so beautiful there in the summer. I've awarded you a blog award. Visit http://foranyoccasion.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-award.html to receive the award!

          ReplyDelete
        5. I've wanted to go to Zion National Park for a while now (it's beautiful)- I'd love to do a road trip there with my family!

          I was surprised that Alcatraz made the list...but I guess everyone wants to see it when they come to the bay area (where I live)...there are so many other neat places to visit here...

          I'm also glad you added Hawaii! I loved going there as a kid (and an adult).

          thx for the list!

          ReplyDelete
        6. I've never been to Prince Edward Island or Zion, but I agree that they should be on the list!

          ReplyDelete
        7. Our parents did pretty good huh, we've been to almost all those places!
          Debbi

          ReplyDelete
        8. Have you ever felt the magic of massage? Is it super comfortable after pressing? Yes, according to Chinese medicine, there are many acupuncture points on the soles of the feet. Massage is to dredge the acupuncture points, so you will feel very comfortable after the massage. Now there is no need to go to a massage shop to spend a lot of money, as long as you have NIKSA foot bath spa at home, you can enjoy it easily.

          ReplyDelete
        9. Ver well. Keep sharing more. Please also read mine at Fun Livin' and let me know where I can improve.

          ReplyDelete
        10. betflix system that is easy to use and easy to play, fun, ฝาก-ถอน

          ReplyDelete

        I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*