Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our cruise to the Bahamas: Celebrating 10 years of marriage!

We just got home from our first cruise! We celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary, which fell on Thanksgiving this year.

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

We enjoyed a delicious bottle of wine on our anniversary which we had bought on our 5-year anniversary in Napa Valley, California and saved for this special occasion! (In case you're wondering, it was V. Sattui Cabernet Sauvignon from 2004.)

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Little Sweets enjoyed her special window seat in our cabin. I freaked out right after I took this picture--I saw dolphins playing in the water while we were still in the port in Charleston, South Carolina! One of her favorite parts of each day was coming back to our cabin after dinner to discover what animal the housekeepers had made from towels. The monkey hanging from the ceiling was definitely a favorite!

Okay, now on to the photos you all want to see: the Bahamas! Our first port was Freeport on Grand Bahama Island. We went snorkeling and I didn't bring my camera so I don't have any photos from that day.

In our second and last port, Nassau, we got an awesome tour of the island. We had lunch at Compass Point and it was definitely the most colorful place I've ever seen!

 Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

The water there was so beautiful. I could've eaten every meal of the cruise with this view.

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

I couldn't resist walking around the property and taking photos.

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Our last day of the cruise ended with a beautiful display of God's creativity...

...a rainbow on one side of the ship:

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

 ...and a sunset on the other side:

Cruise to the Bahamas by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

God is good and He has blessed us so much in the past 10 years of marriage. It was so fun to be able to celebrate this milestone with our little family!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip you had. I love the color at Compass point. It makes our houses look so dull. The rainbow on one side of the ship and sunset on the other is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I visited Nassau in 1999 and would love to go back! Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place! I went on a cruise to Alaska last summer, and it was fantastic! If you're looking to do another one someday, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 10 year!! Beautiful photos too! Looks like you guys had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all had a fun trip and nice celebration. Looking at the last two photos reminds me of Rich Mullins' lyric: "Our God is an awesome God".

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*