Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do you Pin?

I got sucked in to Pinterest a few weeks ago and I am loving it. If you haven't heard of it, it's like a combination of Facebook and Google Image Search. You can share your favorite images from anywhere on the web with friends and strangers alike.

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets on Pinterest

You categorize your Pins into whatever Boards you want. You can even make a Board out of all the things that you've made:

Made by Me by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets on Pinterest

If you're on Pinterest, let me know and I'll follow you! If you want to follow me, click here and below my picture on the left side, click "Follow All."

It's one of those websites where you can spend hours clicking away to get inspiration. Here's my favorite board:

Can't Get Enough Purple by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets on Pinterest

Not on Pinterest yet? Send me your email and I'll request an invite for you.

A side note on Pinterest, the Psychologist in me just loves how they've designed the sign up process. Instead of just clicking "Register", you click "Request an Invite". Instead of it seemingly taking forever to get you signed up and registered, you get an email saying you're "On the Waitlist." After a few days of checking email incessantly, you get your Invite. Wow, doesn't that make you feel special?

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets on Pinterest

Brilliant psychological marketing strategy, in my opinion.

10 comments:

  1. Haha, oh my, that is a bit brilliant, though I'd probably just be annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a timely and informative post! I've been thinking about Pinterest, and today, thanks to your nudge, I requested an invite.

    Yesterday I took the plunge and created a FB fan page and a Twitter account--so you are one of my first Tweets.

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower
    http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest sounds interesting. I'm going to go take a look =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Pinterest ADDICT!
    find me here:

    http://pinterest.com/HomePartiesLife/


    I'm off to check out your boards!!


    Featuring your Korker cake banner as a soon to be party trend on my blog tomorrow! Love that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah, love your boards - following them all now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yay! I'm following you :)

    http://pinterest.com/lauraleeh/

    Lauralee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, i am still opposing that mania. Don't know how long I will manage...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just opened my Pinterest account this week, and I really struggled to get the Pin It button on my browser. Finally switched from IE to Google Chrome, and now I can Pin It! I set up some boards categories LATE last night (Yawn!) but I haven't pinned anything yet. Love looking at all the boards--- EYE CANDY! I have a Pinterest button on my blog now, too.

    And yes, my cute little Featherweight still sews, a very nice stitch!

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower
    http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*