Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Little Sweets Turns 2! (and the Giant Cupake Cake)

Why is my Little Sweets obsessed with cupcakes these days? Well, I'm not sure, but it might kind of be my fault. Maybe.

giant cupcake cake
...First came the giant cupcake cake...
giant cupcake and regular cupcakes
...and then, teeny tiny (i.e., regular-sized) versions
of the giant cupcake cake!

I've been slowly adding clothing in my Etsy shop and I am planning to make some birthday shirts for bigger kids (up to 5T for now). So I had to practice, right? (More will be available soon, for boys and girls!) Wow, did the cupcake theme go over well in this house. It's still going.

In case you're interested in making this giant cupcake cake for your own little sweets, I used a Wilton pan and followed these directions from Oh, Sugar! to make the candy cupcake liner. Yes, all the other little sweetses who came to the birthday party, that is indeed pink candy. Super easy to make and in my humble opinion, the cupcake liner turned out MUCH better than if I'd tried to frost that part.

Oh, and the "confetti" was royal icing that I piped in big blobs on waxed paper. I put them on the cake upside-down so the smooth part (the part that was touching the waxed paper) would show. Very easy and very cute!

15 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Tricia!!! :) The bday cupcakes were so cute and tasty! Thanks for sharing how you made them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out and being my first commenter, Karee! I love making cakes and this one was so easy and fun that I had to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia, Love your blog! You are so talented! That gigantic Cupcake look so beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful...craving cupcakes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debbi! I crave buttercream frosting all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO AWESOME! =)
    I'll have to check back closer to the time our little one turns 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Esther! I've got a few boy shirts up right now at http://www.etsy.com/shop/SweeterThanSweets?section_id=7604525 and girl shirts are coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your Giant Cupcake Cake and Pinwheel Cupcake Toppers at September's "It's a Celebration" link party. Both were just adorable! I will be featuring both projects tomorrow!
    Thanks Again,
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. Direct to Garment Printer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with your blog and i will be back to check it more in the future so please keep up your work. Michael Korans outlet love your content & the way that you write. Real Human Skull for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  11. My partner and i spend less some sort of contradict in order to orchestrate the most effective article in my class. I had run truant associated with insights simply acknowledges for your publish, My partner and i instantly seize how you can obtain the actual opposition. Admit an individual therefore lots for this! Thermodynamics

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe that you recognize how to construct people pay attention to what you have to pronounce, particularly with a concern that’s so vital. I am pleased to suggest this blog. Marijuana edibles Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. When many people start to plan sports, the first thing they do may be to understand sports equipment, but after getting to know them, they are often dissuaded by the expensive price, which makes the sports plan aborted. The budget for sports equipment varies from person to person, You can choose your sports-related products according to your budget. Niksa is committed to providing consumers with high-quality health-related products that integrate performance and comfort, such as fitness clothes. I believe you will find at least one suitable product in niksa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding write-up and also men and women in the world will certainly acquire greatly as a result of examining which. I'm going to go back repeatedly to learn to read this type of posts. Cheers! Classic Magic Mushrooms

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*