Friday, February 18, 2011

Custom Orders: Baby Gifts by SweeterThanSweets on Etsy

I've recently been asked by a few friends to make some custom orders. I wanted to share them with you here because they won't be for sale in my shop. I love making things specifically for a customer and it gives me ideas of what people actually want to buy.

First, a photographer friend asked for a set of satin flower headbands for the newborns she photographs to wear. So fun! Little tiny new people will be wearing my creations in their baby pictures! I made the satin flowers with a clip on the back so that the headbands and flowers can be used interchangeably to match baby's outfit. I bought the headbands themselves from this Etsy shop (they are super soft and stretchy). I'll probably make another set available on my shop for other photographers or new mamas who can't get enough headbands for their baby girls. (Check out my other satin flower headbands here.)
handmade satin flower headband set

Here's a baby shower gift set for a new baby boy, complete with a hooded towel set, two burp cloths, a onesie and a sensory circle blanket. I really loved making this set and another one with the same fabrics will be available soon. (A girl version, minus the blanket, is already for sale on my shop.)
handmade gift set for baby boy

Then I made a big sis/lil sis set for a friend of mine from elementary school who is having her second daughter soon. I just love pink, green & brown together!
handmade big sis/lil sis shirts

And for a little boy who loves tractors and is turning 2 soon, a John Deere tractor shirt. The green and yellow background is actually made of felt, so it's soft to the touch. The back of the shirt has the John Deere logo appliquéd at the top. This one actually will be for sale on my shop because my friend's little boy needs a short-sleeved shirt. A 1-year-old birthday shirt is already available online.
handmade John Deere tractor 2nd birthday shirt

Are there custom orders you want me to make? Or any ideas of other things you'd like to see in my shop? I'd love to hear from you!

23 comments:

  1. love these! so craftalicious! so, I'm dying to know, what friend from hs is onto baby #2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Behk! I just edited my post... realized that she is a friend from all the way back to elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Esther! Glad you like them. It's so much fun to make things for friends who have seen my work and know exactly what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your posts regularly which is specially for Baby shower gifts .I need to say that you are doing a fantastic work. Please keep it up the great work.
    Baby shower gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. holiday gift baskets toronto

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually wanted to type a remark to say thanks to you for all of the wonderful tips and tricks you are giving at this website. My long internet lookup has finally been paid with sensible points to share with my partners. I would say that many of us readers are unequivocally lucky to be in a superb place with very many awesome people with valuable solutions. I feel truly blessed to have encountered the webpage and look forward to really more exciting moments reading here. Thanks once again for all the details.
    Thank you so much for providing individuals with an extremely wonderful opportunity to read articles and blog posts from this site.
    gourmet gift baskets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran across such a large amount of fascinating stuff in your online journal particularly its discourse. From the huge levels of remarks on your own articles, I figure I am not by any means the only one having all of the pleasure here! keep doing awesome…get well gift baskets toronto

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your post in which you have shared lots of those photographs are very attractive and your post also very informative. People can get information about clothes for babies.

    custom baby items

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your valuable thoughts presented on this blog.Such a nice and informative article.This is the resource of unique gifts for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really do appreciate this so much. This was a very good and interesting article to say the least. Thanks! I work for a design company and I have really learned so much from this great site. MOM Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Electrical Engineering

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this article as it pointed out a bunch of interesting points and made me think a little bit differently about the issue. I can't say that I agree completely, but you have many valid points and appreciate the thought and time you put into this post. Thanks for the great read. Burkina-Faso License Plate embossed with custom number or text

    ReplyDelete
  14. A new invaluable purposes interior production about more powerful metals which often is made up of responses to be able to troubles many of us very long to locate result large electricity physics. Hair Growth Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Buy Blue Meanie Magic Mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. personalised mugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. We learned on TV or social platforms that almost every head of state/president has the habit of exercising. I am most impressed by Putin and Obama. Their bodies are very well-proportioned and fit. The busiest people in the world value exercise so much and squeeze time to exercise. Sports is not a dispensable thing for each of us. NIKSA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks For Sharing. If you are looking for discount vouchers visit ShoppingSpout UK

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*