Monday, July 18, 2011

Introducing Mini Fascinators

Question: What do peacocks, the Royal Wedding and the Kentucky Derby have in common?

peacock by Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets

Answer: A spectacle of feathers!

Feathered fashion trends have intrigued me so much that I decided I needed to add a new line to my Etsy shop--Mini Felt Fascinators for the little ones in your life!

As of right now, I'm making them out of felt and adding a bit of glam with rhinestones, pearls and other embellishments.

Mini Felt Fascinators by SweeterThanSweets on Etsy


Mini Felt Fascinators by SweeterThanSweets on Etsy

I've been experimenting with craft feathers but I just don't think they're practical when it comes to children's accessories. (Yes, I am implying that feathers are completely practical when it comes to grown women's accessories.) What do you think? Would you want your little girl to have an all-access pass to real feathers?

11 comments:

  1. I know they're designed for kids, but I would totally wear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! cute! i love the colour combination. i agree with you, feathers are just too heavy for children daily fashion. these ones are fun! hoping you great sales ahead!

    dita
    Etsy Blog Team
    http://handmadenest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest! I think they're way more fun than actual feathers would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable, as is Little Sweets:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute!! I still need to get in touch with you about the Giveaway you won!!! Sorry I've been pokey! Thanks for being patient!! I'll send you an e-mail soon!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee, how adorable!! They're a great alternative to real feathers for children. ^.^

    Btw, thank you so fairy much for leaving such a sweet compliment on my blog. It's very exciting that you recognized my style. I adore CraftGawker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute!! and finally me sweets is finally keeping her clips in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made one of these for my sweet niece's 1st birthday. She's got a peacock theme and I'm making her one hair fascinator with real feathers and I'm picturing that not lasting long. So I made one of yours as a backup. In place of the little jewel I used one of our grandmother's clip earrings. I've been saving them to use in something special. It's a very special little hair sweet for her. :) Thank you for your wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing these. I haven't seen them elsewhere yet, but I'll look into them. Jasmine Bridesmaids

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*