- eScrip: Register your grocery loyalty cards and credit cards and choose from a list of charities where you want your contributions to go. Spend up to $300 at Safeway (for example) each month and eScrip will donate 1% of your spending to the charity you've chosen. If you spend more, the percentage increases.
- Click to Give: Make your homepage The Breast Cancer Site and every time you open a new window, click to give a free mammogram. Last year's clicks alone funded 2,808 mammograms by their sponsors. You can also shop through their website to raise additional funds. Other charities that participate include The Veterans Site, The Literacy Site and The Hunger Site... how can you pick just one?
- Shopping at Amazon.com: (Your non-profit of choice will have to get this set up). Our church when we lived in Hawaii (Harbor Church Hawaii Kai) has their own amazon.com redirect link: We shop a lot on amazon.com and every time we click on the bookmarked redirect link, our church gets a credit towards their next purchase. I'm sure it is a very small portion of what we spend, but every little bit helps.
- Good Search: This search engine raises money for the charity of your choice every time you search. I use it to raise money for Biola University, which has made $138.38 since they joined.
- FreeRice.com: Take a trivia quiz and for each question you get right, the World Food Programme will donate 10 grains of rice to help end world hunger.
- Your favorite charity: Check out the "get involved" section of your favorite charity's website. There might be opportunities for you to give free money to them by shopping online through their website. I just signed up with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to donate 25% of the purchase price to CFF for anyone who enters "CFF" in the Notes to Seller section of my Etsy shop. Many other sellers on Etsy do the same thing for their favorite charities!
I can vouch for these programs because I've been using them all for at least 2 years. There are plenty more like them that I have not tried, such as Connect to Charity, iGive and GoodShop. Leave me a comment if you have any other ideas!