Friday, September 23, 2011

The 15 Best Family-Friendly DIY Halloween Costumes for Adults


After getting a great response from my awesome readers on my posts featuring the Cutest DIY Kids' Halloween Costumes and Cutest Handmade Kids' Halloween Costumes on Etsy, I decided to pull together the best DIY adult costumes for you...

But then when I started searching, I realized what "adult Halloween costumes" usually means... trust me, it was hard to find wholesome grown-up costumes, especially for us ladies. So I did the work for you and I now present you with the 15 best family-friendly DIY costumes for adults!

Real Life Lichtenstein Comic Girl by M.A.C. Cosmetics
Real Life Lichtenstein Comic Girl by M.A.C. Cosmetics

Spider Web Mama and Baby by Martha Stewart
Spider Web Mama and Baby by Martha Stewart

Pregnant Skeleton and Matching Husband by Make It And Love It
Pregnant Skeleton and Matching Husband by Make It And Love It

No-Sew Jellyfish by Martha Stewart
No-Sew Jellyfish by Martha Stewart




Sock Monkey by HGTV
Sock Monkey by HGTV

No-Sew Bat Costume by Martha Stewart
No-Sew Bat Costume by Martha Stewart

Dino Man by My Li'l Pumpkin
Dino Man by My Li'l Pumpkin

Optimus Prime by dannyeurena
Optimus Prime by dannyeurena

Popeye by mikeasaurus
Popeye by mikeasaurus

Paparazzi by cockeyed

Toy Army Man by PUckstoppingPoke
Toy Army Man by PuckstoppingPoke

And now for the Best Family Costumes:

Incredibles Costume by Freshly Completed
The Incredibles by Freshly Completed

B.L.T. Sandwich by Parents
 B.L.T. Sandwich by Parents

S'mores Family by Disney's Family Fun
S'mores Family by Disney's Family Fun

Cop and Robbers by Living Locurto
Cop and Robbers by Living Locurto

It seems like this is turning into a blog series. How about DIY pet costumes next?

33 comments:

  1. I've seen the comic book girl before. That one is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas! Thanks for sharing- found you on TT&J.
    :) crafty texas girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the comic girl! The family BLT is really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Really love the "S'mores" family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!!!!! Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great collection. I think I choose sock monkey!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ideas are brilliant. That comic book one is incredible!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, that Real Life Lichtenstein is really awesome. Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic and fun shares! So many cute and clever ideas! TFS! Pop Art Minis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tons of Fun! Thanks for sharing!

    Now following! The Lichtenstein Comic Girl is my favorite!

    Hope you'll pop over to see me and maybe follow back!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the costumes---they are all so fun and great ideas. Now I've just got to get started.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I am tired of trying to look for adult costumes, because I feel like its become more of a lingerie fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the s'mores family is hilarious. I love that the little marshmallow is in a fire wagon. Too funny!! These are pretty fun.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ideas, thanks! I almost wish I were pregnant just so I could do the skeleton costume. Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so great! I can't wait for halloween... loving that comic girl and all the families are so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I love the BLT costume, even my husband laughed at that one! I'm a new follower from the house of hepworths!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! You've been featured on my blog today! Come check it out!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooops! Here's the link for you! http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/10/make-something-monday-link-party-30.html

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are featured on Fun Friday Finds today.

    I hope you can stop by.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool ideas. I'm totally going to attempt the optimus prime costume. If I start now, maybe it will be done by Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cops and robbers made me LOL. The little one with the stocking over his head is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, I agree with you! I think it is the best Halloween Costumes 2012. I can't stop laughing whenever I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT STUFF!! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What my brother and his family did was they dressed up as a lion, tiger, and bear and my sister-in law had a shirt that said "Oh my!"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww these are really nice halloween costume ideas. Actually, I've been looking for some spooky Halloween costumes that I can try this year...

    thanks for sharing your ideas...

    Happy Halloween everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would also try out these costumes - http://www.halloween24.com/adult-costumes/ they have so many to choose from. They even have a lot of couple themed that are very unique. Very family friendly! Fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*